We're pleased that the new San Francisco Tea Meetup Group chose our Berkeley Teahouse for its inaugural meetup today. Bay Area-based Tea Sommelier James Labe selected six of our oolongs to taste and discuss: from Taiwan, Wen Shan Bao Zhong, Imperial Green Oolong, and Gui Fei Cha, and from China, Monkey-Picked Tie Guan Yin, the Phoenix Mountain oolong Bai Ye, and from Wu Yi Shan, Yan Ru. It was a warm, sunny afternoon in Berkeley, perfect for tea on our upstairs deck. Here are a couple more photos:
- ► 2013 (25)
- ► 2012 (19)
- ► 2011 (40)
- ► 2010 (79)
- Some Ceramics Basics for Tealovers
- Latest Newsletter: Most Intriguing Tea & Teaware
- Now You Can Search Inside the Book
- Planting for the Future
- In Search of Great Tea
- Bestselling Teaware of 2009
- Bestselling Teas of 2009
- Variations on the Theme of Purple
- Irresistible Lucky Teapots
- Preview of Coming Attractions
- New Newsletter: Customer Favorite Tea & Teaware
- Construction Zone!
- Meetup in the Berkeley Teahouse
- Roy's Book Is Off to the Printer!
- ▼ November (14)
Readers' Top 5 Blog Posts
News from Roy's tea farm project has been a little lean over the last year with far more effort going into building the infrastructure t...
Serious tea lovers love their teapots almost as much as tea itself. I recently got a new pot and seasoned it this weekend. In case you’re wo...
As with most "cake"Puerhs , the amount of tea used is rather difficult to measure since you will have to break off a part of t...
I spent part of the holidays researching the Camellia Sinensis archives and found this wonderful tool for tea lovers. Virginia Hines origina...
When I sit down for tea and imbibe in all that the leaf has to offer, I grab my gaiwan. By brewing and drinking from the same cup, the essen...