We're pleased that the new San Francisco Tea Meetup Group chose our Berkeley Teahouse for its inaugural meetup today. Bay Area-based Tea Sommelier James Labe selected six of our oolongs to taste and discuss: from Taiwan, Wen Shan Bao Zhong, Imperial Green Oolong, and Gui Fei Cha, and from China, Monkey-Picked Tie Guan Yin, the Phoenix Mountain oolong Bai Ye, and from Wu Yi Shan, Yan Ru. It was a warm, sunny afternoon in Berkeley, perfect for tea on our upstairs deck. Here are a couple more photos:
- ► 2013 (25)
- ► 2012 (19)
- ► 2011 (40)
- ► 2010 (79)
- Some Ceramics Basics for Tealovers
- Latest Newsletter: Most Intriguing Tea & Teaware
- Now You Can Search Inside the Book
- Planting for the Future
- In Search of Great Tea
- Bestselling Teaware of 2009
- Bestselling Teas of 2009
- Variations on the Theme of Purple
- Irresistible Lucky Teapots
- Preview of Coming Attractions
- New Newsletter: Customer Favorite Tea & Teaware
- Construction Zone!
- Meetup in the Berkeley Teahouse
- Roy's Book Is Off to the Printer!
- ▼ November (14)
Readers' Top 5 Blog Posts
News from Roy's tea farm project has been a little lean over the last year with far more effort going into building the infrastructure t...
Serious tea lovers love their teapots almost as much as tea itself. I recently got a new pot and seasoned it this weekend. In case you’re wo...
As with most "cake"Puerhs , the amount of tea used is rather difficult to measure since you will have to break off a part of t...
If you've wondered what makes our jasmine pearls so special and delicious, it starts with the unique green tea leaves we select Each...
After over 30 hours of no sleep, I arrived Taipei at 5:50 AM. My friend Mr. Chang met me at the airport and we headed toward the mountains. ...